One of the leading causes of the female infertility is a complete absence of ovulation. It is often related to the hormone disorders, a high level of estrogen. Clomid is taken to restore ovulation by means of the decreased concentration of estrogen in the tissues.
Clomid is a selective anti-estrogen product used to treat many diseases related to the excessive secretion of estrogen in men and women. The indications for the use of Clomid also include infertility, amenorrhea, androgenic failure, galactorrhea, and oligospermia.
Clomid has Clomiphene citrate. The ingredient acts on the receptors of estrogen in basal gland and ovaries. In other words, Clomiphene binds the estrogen receptors in the basal gland, so that a production of the gonadotropic hormones of LH and FSH is restored. These hormones stimulate ovules and restore an ovulation.
About 68% of women return an ability to become pregnant in 1-2 cycles of the Clomid use.
Clomid is taken by cycles, during 5 or 10 days depending on a clinical performance.
-1 cycle: 1 Clomid pill 50 mg is taken during 5 days, from the 5th day of the menstrual cycle.
It is necessary to follow a dose and a duration of the treatment. If a woman did not have ovulation at the end of the month, the second cycle is prescribed:
-2 cycle: 1 Clomid pill 50 mg is taken during 10 days starting from the 5th day of the menstrual cycle.
Ovulation is usually restored within 15-18 days after the second cycle. But if it did not happen, the treatment may be continued within 5-6 months according to this scheme.
Men can also buy Clomid online but the scheme of the treatment will differ. Men should take 1 pill of Clomid 50 mg during 8-10 weeks with a regular diagnostics of sperm and level of the reproductive hormones.
-If pregnancy occurred, Clomid should not be taken.
-If ovarian cyst, malignant tumors, hypo-function of the basal gland, the use of Clomid is contraindicated.
-If unknown uterine bleedings started as a result of the treatment, the treatment should be terminated.
For countless couples, the dream of bringing a new life into the world is a cherished aspiration. If you're facing challenges with ovulation, take heart, for Clomid holds the promise of turning that dream into reality. As a trusted and widely used fertility medication, Clomid, also known as clomiphene citrate, acts as a powerful ally in stimulating ovulation, ultimately increasing your chances of conception. In this article, we are here to walk beside you, providing essential tips that can help optimize your fertility journey and lead you towards the path of parenthood. Let's embark on this beautiful adventure together, brimming with hope and endless possibilities.
Consult a Fertility Specialist
Before starting Clomid or any fertility treatment, it's crucial to consult a fertility specialist. A thorough evaluation of your medical history and fertility status will help determine if Clomid is the right option for you. A fertility expert can prescribe the appropriate dosage and provide personalized guidance throughout your journey.
Understand Your Menstrual Cycle
Tracking your menstrual cycle is essential when using Clomid. The medication is typically taken on specific days of your cycle to induce ovulation. Understanding your cycle's timing and using ovulation predictor kits can help you identify the most fertile days for intercourse.
Timing Is Everything
Having intercourse during your fertile window is key to conception. Clomid enhances ovulation, so be prepared to capitalize on this time by having regular intercourse during the days you are most likely to release an egg.
Stay Committed to the Treatment Plan
Consistency is crucial when using Clomid. Follow your fertility specialist's treatment plan diligently, including the prescribed dosage and timing. Skipping doses or altering the schedule may reduce its effectiveness.
Monitor Ovulation Signs
Keep an eye out for signs of ovulation while on Clomid. These may include changes in cervical mucus, slight abdominal discomfort, or a slight increase in basal body temperature. By identifying ovulation, you can time intercourse more accurately.
Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle
A healthy lifestyle can significantly impact fertility. Ensure you maintain a balanced diet rich in essential nutrients and engage in regular moderate exercise. Avoid smoking, excessive alcohol, and recreational drug use, as these can hinder fertility.
Reducing stress levels is essential during your fertility journey. High-stress levels can disrupt hormonal balance and impact ovulation. Incorporate stress-relief techniques such as meditation, yoga, or engaging in hobbies you enjoy.
Be Patient and Positive
Conceiving may take time, even with the help of Clomid. Stay positive and patient throughout your fertility journey. Emotional support from your partner, family, or friends can make the process more manageable.
Write by Susan Levy
Here are some essential things to keep in mind while taking Clomid:
Things to Do:
- Trust Your Doctor: Your healthcare provider is your greatest ally in this process. Always adhere to their instructions and the prescribed Clomid dosage. Consistency is the key to achieving positive outcomes.
- Track Your Cycle: Understanding your menstrual cycle is essential while on Clomid. By recognizing your most fertile days, you can align your intimate moments with the opportune time for conception.
- Observe Ovulation Signs: Stay vigilant for ovulation signs, such as changes in cervical mucus or slight temperature shifts. Recognizing these signs can help you identify your most fertile window.
- Embrace a Healthy Lifestyle: A balanced diet, regular exercise, and sufficient rest play a crucial role in supporting overall health and fertility.
- Seek Emotional Support: The fertility journey can be emotionally taxing. Don't hesitate to lean on your partner, close friends, or support groups for emotional assistance.
Things to Avoid:
- Avoid Self-Medication: Refrain from taking any medications or supplements without consulting your doctor while on Clomid. Certain substances may interfere with the effectiveness of Clomid.
- Manage Stress: High-stress levels can negatively impact fertility. Engage in relaxation techniques like meditation, yoga, or hobbies to alleviate stress and create a positive environment for conception.
- Watch Your Alcohol Intake: Limit alcohol consumption and abstain from smoking. These habits can adversely affect fertility and overall health.
- Exercise Moderately: While staying active is important, excessive and strenuous workouts may disrupt your menstrual cycle and ovulation. Stick to moderate exercise routines.
- Avoid Obsessive Monitoring: Trust the process and don't obsessively track ovulation signs. Allow yourself to relax and have faith in your body's natural rhythms.
Write by Susan Levy
Subscribe to our free newsletter